PDA

View Full Version : Interstate batteries

2QuikTA
01-28-2012, 01:20 PM
I know the couple threads that have dealt with batteries you guys always recommend Interstate. I need to get a new battery this spring and thought I'd pick one up. Who carries them? From the Interstate site they didn't list any dealers anywhere around the area really. Better yet, anybody have a p/n?

xpndbl3
01-28-2012, 08:51 PM
most shops can get interstate batteries, there is an outlet store in frankfort, IL, maybe there's one out your ways too.

Formula WS6
01-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I carry interstates but have had issue with em lasting. I carry both interstate and delco which are slightly cheaper than interstates but with the delco's you can now purchase a unconditional 5 year free replacement warranty at an additional cost which comes up to the same price as the interstates. Between that and the more appealing black battery of the delco verses the lime green case of an interstate, I'd go with the delco

2QuikTA
01-28-2012, 09:57 PM
I carry interstates but have had issue with em lasting. I carry both interstate and delco which are slightly cheaper than interstates but with the delco's you can now purchase a unconditional 5 year free replacement warranty at an additional cost which comes up to the same price as the interstates. Between that and the more appealing black battery of the delco verses the lime green case of an interstate, I'd go with the delco

Hmmm....I had thought you guys always spoke very highly of the interstate betteries. Who carries delcos?

Don't they come with a warranty anyway? Or do you mean to say with the purshased warranty there is no pro-ration?

Formula WS6
01-28-2012, 10:14 PM
exactly. there is always the prorated warranty but with the purchased one, it can go out at 4 years and 11 months and you get one free of charge!

with storing our cars sometimes the battery goes dead if you forget to disconnect it, it happens but it deteriorates the battery especially cause most of us don't properly recharge it before you drive the car.

2QuikTA
01-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Well I took the battery out when I put the car away, but from the problem I was having it seems a fresh one is in order. I'd pick it up from you Paul, but you're a bit of a drive for a battery.

thor blackbird
01-30-2012, 11:09 AM
I had to settle for an Interstate after I couldn't find anyone who sells Delco. Murray's used to sell them but they are no longer around. Didn't think of calling O'Reillys at the time. Maybe they have them. Our Grand Am has an Interstate and it seems good so far going on 3 years now.

ThirdgenTa
01-30-2012, 12:52 PM
A lot of batteries are made at the same plant and get different tops and stickers.... So don't think that the more expensive one is going to be the best. I think there are a lot of factors that come into play in how long they last. I've had my interstate battery in my car for 4 years in a dd that sits outside 24/7. I can leave the radio on or lights on for hours and hours and have done it and the car fires right up. Then again,someone on here didn't have such good luck. I think the best thing to do is make sure you get one with a good warranty.

Dom
02-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I had my Redtop Optima last 6 years. Maybe it would have lasted longer but I didn't drive the car all winter and didn't disconnect it so it drained. I got it recharged overnight at Autozone, but it's loosing voltage at a rate of .1V/day so it's done.